Policy and Guidelines for Use of Grounds
LITTLE RIVER COMMUNITY COMPLEX, INC.
POLICY AND GUIDELINES FOR USE OF GROUNDS
Policy: The grounds of Little River Community Complex may be used for public gatherings and activities that are deemed a public benefit and adhere to mission of Little River Complex and has prior approval of the Little River Complex. Such gatherings should not negatively affect the health, safety, and welfare of the people of the county
Rental Fees: A security deposit fee of $60.00 is required (see conditions of return in e. below). Cost of ground rental is $65.00 for every 4 hours of usage. All fees are to be included with rental application.
Procedures: Little River personnel will not be expected to erect or provide equipment, table, chairs, waste receptacles or port o+ johns. All renters are expected to follow all posted signs and the following procedures. If there are any questions regarding usage of the grounds, they are to contact the executive director at 919 477-0264.
- Application must be submitted to board representative prior to use of the grounds for your event. Request must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the event.
- Once approved there must be communication between the Center’s designated staff and the party responsible for the event to review plans for the day’s operation and to answer any questions.
- More than one group may be on the campus at one time. Each group is to use only their designated area as assigned by the center’s representative.
- Applicants are responsible for restoring the site and grounds to their pre-event appearance and for cleaning the premises after their event ends. Applicants must make appropriate provisions for trash removal.
- If applicant’s cleanup of grounds after their event is not acceptable, the security deposit will not be returned, it will be used to pay for the additional cleaning.
- All activities must end no later than the ending time stated on the application.
- Users and their guests are expected to act in an orderly fashion and will be held responsible for any damage that may occur to the grounds or building during your usage.
- Grounds may not be used for any activity nor by any group other than the name of the group on the application.
- No vehicles are allowed on the lawn, or any other areas designed as non-parking.
- No illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages may be stored, used, served, or consumed in any area of the The facility is completely smoke and alcohol free.
- LRCC assumes no responsibility for any accident that might occur on the grounds. It is the responsibility of the group using the grounds to supervise their group and limit them to their assigned areas. Children are to be appropriately supervised (the grounds have walking access to the river and other wooded areas).
- Requests for any exception or accommodations must be made to LRCC’s executive director 7 days prior to the event
APPLICATION FOR USE OF SPECIFIC GROUNDS AT LITTLE RIVER COMMUNITY COMPLEX, INC.
Please return this completed application along with funds to: Little River Community Complex
PO Box 126, Bahama, NC 27503 Attention: Treasurer
Date(s) and time use________________________________________ Start: ___________End: ________
Name of Event: _______________________________________________________________________
Type of Event_________________________________________________________________________
Address: ________________________________________________Phone: _______________________
E-mail: _____________________________________________ Cell Phone: _______________________
Specific Area of grounds you request to use: _________________________________________________
What equipment will you have on the grounds: _______________________________________________
Is food to be served for a fee? ______________
If yes has the appropriate Health Dept. permit been obtained? ____________________
Hold Harmless/ Indemnification
To the fullest extent permitted by law I agree to defend, pay on behalf of, indemnify, and hold harmless Little River Community Complex, Inc, its elected and appointed officials, employees and volunteers, and others working on behalf of Little River Community Complex against any and all claims, demands, suits, or loss, including all costs connected therewith, and for any damages which may be asserted, claimed, or recovered against or from Little River Community Complex, by reason of personal injury, including bodily injury or death and/or property damage, including loss of use thereof, which arises out of my use of the Little River Community Complex grounds.
I have read and agree to the above hold harmless/indemnification clause as well as the Grounds Use Rules and Procedures Policy and I understand that the grounds will be left in a clean and neat condition after use, and I agree to pay for any damage to the facility/grounds which may incur, as a result, of this scheduled function.
Signature of responsible Person(s) __________________________________________
_____________________________________ Date: __________________